2019 MLB Record: 46-45-5 -4.22u
-A’s ML +124 1u
-A’s F5 +.5 -120 1u
Evening action: The Minnesota Twins are a good baseball team.
They are 22 games over .500, playing well over .600 ball, and will probably win at LEAST 100 games this year (of course, no one will care).
However, the twins Win% is a bit skewed by the absolutely stupendous month of May they had. The Twins went 21-8 in the month of May. A .724 win% for the Rain Men back at home. Since then, they’ve come back down to earth. The Twinkies went 15-12 in June, and are 5-6 in July.
Meanwhile, the A’s Mike Fiers has been winning games left and right. Since June 1st, Fiers has started 7 games:
- The A’s have won 6 of those games.
- Fiers has had a decision in 5 of those games, all Ws.
- Fiers has an ERA of 1.8 and a WHIP of 1-flat in those games.
- Fiers line against in those games is (an astounding) .223/.272/.549.
Not only has Mike been tossing lights out, the Oakland bats have been giving away run support. The guys are 3rd in the Majors in team-OPS this month (.884), leading the A’s to a 9-2 RECORD IN THAT SPAN. They also played .600 ball in June, going 17-11 during that span. For comparison, the Twinkies are checking in at an .800 team-OPS during this month, good for 11th in the league (explaining their 5-6 record).
The Twins SP today, Kyle Gibson, has been in a biiiit of a slump. He has started 9 games since June 1st:
- The Twins have gone 5-4 in those games.
- Gibson has pitched more than 5 innings in just 2 of those starts.
- Gibson has an ERA of 4 and a WHIP well over 1.00 in those starts.
- Shrink the sample size down to his last 5 starts, and his stats get much worse.
Got a feeling that Fiers and OAK continue the hot streak. Could be that time of the year for the A’s where they catch hot fire and win every game for the next 2 months. Either way, everything points towards OAK here and the line is only in MIN favor cuz they a home team with an inflated record.
Not seeing a torn ACL or Achilles in Oakland’s future here, so i’d take out a second loan for this game. BOL tail or fade don’t care.